Special Event AssistantCompany: Guadalupe Center, Inc.
Date Posted: May 7, 2018
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans and produces the Guadalupe Center’s Signature event including marketing, planning and coordinating all aspects of event logistics and details in cooperation with Event Chairperson(s) and Advisory Board.
- Plans and produces other events including, but not limited to, the Charity Golf Classic, the annual Celebration Dinner, and the Art of Appreciation.
- Develops an integrated event marketing campaign to increase event revenue and awareness. Develops event promotion and publicity strategy in cooperation with the Director of Community Engagement and Public Relations and an advertising and marketing agency.
- Researches, organizes and implements new event opportunities designed to increase revenue and awareness of the organization.
- Identifies best practices and enhancement opportunities to improve current Guadalupe Center events.
- Coordinates and maintains record of meetings with vendors, event committees and staff including communicating the time, date and location to attendees.
- Develops task timeline for each event and monitors the completion of items.
- Develops an event notebook for each event which includes all pertinent information related to the event and samples of print material.
- Helps research and procure auction items for events.
- Works with the Vice President of Development to create and produce major donor events in private homes, small venues, or in Immokalee to thank and cultivate donors.
- Serves as principal liaison with all committees to ensure event’s success. Identifies and cultivates future chairpersons for existing event and identifies chairpersons for any new events.
- Prepares and monitors budgets for all events and communicates with the CFO and VP of Development on budget, expenses and revenue.
- Identify, cultivate, and solicit cash and in-kind sponsorships from individual donors, businesses and corporations, as appropriate, and in coordination with the Development Department, event committee, Advisory Board and Board of Trustees.
- Selects, hires, and manages direct contractors and vendors. Works closely with CFO to make sure vendor relationships are complying with applicable regulations and requirements.
- Assists with special projects as assigned.
- Promptly attends all assigned meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in communications, marketing, event planning or related field.
- Successful special events (and/or marketing) experience in nonprofit organization or in corporate setting beneficial.
- Experience with media and public relations beneficial.
- Creativity and ability to work diplomatically with donors, volunteers and other Development Team members.
SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Ability to think strategically.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities while effectively being part of a team.
- Excellent computer skills (including word, excel, website, social media, design). Experience with Raisers Edge software a plus.
- Ability to respond creatively and diplomatically to conflicting priorities
- Excellent budget development and management skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Clearance through local, state and federal background checks.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
- Indoors office environment
- May require evening and weekend hours
- Minimal lifting may be required not to exceed 25 lbs