Operations ManagerCompany: Naples Historical Society
Date Posted: April 20, 2018
Naples Historical Society is a 501c3 nonprofit dedicated to preserving Naples history and heritage for the community and future generations to enjoy. The Society’s strategy to accomplish this is through a set of five initiatives that unfold through ten educational programs. See What Do We Do? for more information.
The nonprofit owns and manages two historic properties, Historic Palm Cottage™ and the Administrative Office on Broad Avenue South. Community expectations to preserve are substantial, and the Society delivers big as a result of a highly focused, lean, and dedicated team. Realizing this requires not only certain skill sets and talents, but also personal qualities including patience, exceptional professional judgment and support for the CEO’s vision.
The Society has grown multi-fold over the last decade. It has become a well-positioned, fiscally sound, mission-driven organization that has great support through its volunteer base, membership, private philanthropy and an impressive Board of Directors.
At this juncture, Naples Historical Society wishes to hire a full-time Operations Manager. This is a newly created, salaried position with work expectations for a typical M-F 40-hour work week, with select evenings throughout the year.
Below are a few responsibilities; click here for a complete Job Description.
- Provide direct support for the CEO such that operations (program implementation) are seamless and the team productively delivers its work product;
- Serve as the company glue for effective staff management;
- Oversee aggressive rental and Beach Homes book marketing programs;
- Work with Society staff members to manage, inspire, and build them to move forward;
See the full Job Description for more information.
Desired skill-sets include but are not limited to:
- Understanding of people management, teamwork and the graciousness of volunteer donations of time;
- Exceptional level of comfort with all forms of technology;
- Outstanding writer, not for marketing, rather for email communications—courtesy and clear follow-through;
- Energetic, self-starter, outgoing, professional, detailed and team-oriented;
- Clear understanding of CEO’s vision and willingness to provide support as directed.
Minimum requirements, preferred:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution of higher education;
- 10 years’ professional experience in a management capacity;
- Appreciation of Naples history.
The Society offers a higher-than-average salary because there are no healthcare or retirement benefits of any kind. A generous PTO schedule (paid-time-off) is available and the working environment is exceptional.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and a resume to Geraldine Pessolano, Executive Assistant to the CEO, GPessolano@NaplesHistoricalSociety.org. Subject line: Operations Manager Candidate. No phone calls. Acknowledgement letters via email will be issued to every applicant within two weeks of submission.