Major Gift OfficerCompany: Lee Health Foundation
Date Posted: October 23, 2017
Major Gift Officer
Fort Myers, FL
Full-time, Days, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Lee Health Foundation seeks a qualified candidate for a newly-created role as Major Gift Officer supporting Golisano Children’s Hospital of Southwest Florida, America’s newest children’s hospital. This is a newly-created role.
Golisano Children’s Hospital of Southwest Florida, the only children’s hospital between Tampa and Miami, opened its doors for patients in May 2017. Lee Health Foundation raised $100 million to support the construction of the 98-bed facility located in Fort Myers, Florida.
The focus of the Foundation’s efforts is now in transition from capital campaign to ongoing major and sustained giving. This is an exciting opportunity to join the team of a new facility, steward existing donors into their next gifts, and create relationships with new prospects.
- Identifying, qualifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding major donors to Lee Health, with a specific focus on Golisano Children’s Hospital of Southwest Florida.
- Simultaneously manages portfolio of 125-150 prospects and donors, prepares and executes solicitation strategy plans for each, including working with senior hospital leadership, physicians, board members, volunteers, or professional legal and financial advisors, to solicit gifts of $25,000 or more for established strategic philanthropic priorities.
- Works in a metrics and goal driven environment requiring a minimum face-to-face visits with donors, dollar goals, and works effectively with other members of the Foundation team on identifying, cultivating, and stewarding major donors.
- The position reports to System Director of Gift Planning.
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree preferred.
- 5 years successful experience in soliciting major or planned gifts.
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) preferred.
For more information, and to apply, please visit: https://jobs.leehealth.org/mjrgiftofficer
Lee Health Foundation has achieved “High Performer” status from the Association of Healthcare Philanthropy for the past 4 years, and recently was named Nonprofit of the Year (Large) by the Lee County Economic Development Office and Horizon Foundation. With a team of 22 development professional, the Foundation raised more than $17 million in FY 2017.
Lee Health consists of four acute care hospitals: Lee Memorial Hospital, Health Park Medical Center, Gulf Coast Medical Center and Cape Coral Hospital, and two specialty hospitals: Golisano Children's Hospital of Southwest Florida and The Rehabilitation Hospital. With a total of 1426 beds, and over 1 million patient contacts each year, this makes Lee Health the largest public health system in the state of Florida, receiving no direct tax support. Lee Health ranks in the Top 6% of Forbes magazine’s “America’s Best Employers 2017” list.
Drug – and tobacco - free workplace. EOE