Job Title: Area Director
Department: State Operations and Programs
Reports to: State Director
Position Overview: The Area Director is responsible for overseeing day-to-day operations in their regional office, and for securing funding for programs and special projects in the geographic region assigned by working with a local Advisory Board and associated committees, and through implementation of local fundraising initiatives. S/he identifies and cultivates individual donors, corporations, foundations and government agencies who have the capacity to provide financial support, and connects the interests or mission of these funding sources with the needs of Best Buddies. S/he also assists and directs program staff while collaborating with the State Director and Program Supervisors to ensure program consistency and success.
• 3-5 years of management/supervisory experience, 2-3 years of fundraising experience including special event planning individual donor cultivation, major gift prospecting securing corporate and foundation grants/gifts, and/or personally soliciting major gifts
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience managing volunteers for the cultivation and solicitation of gifts and special event support
• Strong desire and motivation to carry out the Best Buddies mission, with a focus on fundraising with an Advisory Board
• Automobile with applicable insurance (specific coverage limits required)
Job Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Overall operational management responsibility for all fundraising activities statewide, including foundation and corporate giving, individual giving, major gifts, special events, annual giving, and alumni/parent relations.
• Responsible for developing and implementing major fundraising events to meet revenue goals–must utilize local event committees following BBI event committee benchmarks and structure
• Works with BBI Grants Department to research opportunities and develop proposals to foundations, as well as maintain accurate records and submit reports as required by funders
• Manages Advisory Board, including recruitment, training and retention in keeping with BBI Advisory Board framework
• Manages government grants/contracts to ensure Best Buddies is meeting guidelines effectively and on a timely basis
• Identifies, cultivates, and develops volunteers capable of making personal commitments and becoming directly involved in the solicitation process on behalf of Best Buddies
• Develops and manages area plan, implementing goals and objectives
• Works with State Director to develop and manage area budget and track expenses and revenue
• Recruits, trains, evaluates, and supervises Program Supervisor, including approving all reports, monitoring program expansion and maintenance, conducting staff evaluations, creating quarterly goals, and providing support and motivation as needed
• Oversees all day-to-day operations in the local office
• Works with the Program Supervisor to maintain consistency of programs, and develop expansion efforts,
• Assists with the planning and implementation of area-wide program events, including Best Buddies Day
• Integrates program participants and staff into fundraising efforts
• Creates a strong presence for Best Buddies in the local area through public speaking, community involvement, public service announcements, special events, and other media initiatives
• Facilitates Public Relations, Marketing and Awareness efforts for Best Buddies through newsletters, web updates and Kintera database management
• Maintains communication with State Director with timely reports and other information as directed
• Works evenings and weekends, and travels as necessary to complete assignments
• Must be comfortable interacting and working with people with intellectual disabilities
• Handles special projects as assigned
Benefits include: group medical/dental insurance, paid vacation, holidays, personal & sick time, 401(k) retirement plan, short term disability, critical illness and life insurance. Commuter benefits available. Business casual environment.
In order for candidates to be considered for this position we must receive a resume and a cover letter. Please paste your cover letter in the resume field.
No phone calls, please.