WGCU Major Gifts/Planned Giving OfficerCompany: WGCU Public Media
Date Posted: July 21, 2017
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Fort Myers, Florida
Florida Gulf Coast University is a young, dynamic institution of higher learning located in sunny Southwest Florida. In less than 20 years, FGCU had made an incredible impact on Southwest Florida. We are a catalyst for the area's economy and a central hub for the community. As an employee of our faculty team, support staff or administration, you will help foster this vision and continue to help positively impact the lives of our students and community.
Florida Gulf Coast University offers paid annual and sick leave, holidays, state and university sponsored insurance programs, and retirement.
The WGCU Major Gifts/Planned Giving Officer is responsible for soliciting gifts from current donors who give higher than $1,200 annually, while simultaneously building higher level major gifts program where five, six and seven-figure gifts are solicited.
- Manages a portfolio of primary prospects and current/past donors.
- Participates in all aspects of the gift cycle.
- Secures planned giving commitments from donors.
- Initiates contacts with potential leadership and major gift donors.
- Develops appropriate cultivation strategies, including working with volunteers.
- Moves potential donors in an appropriate and timely fashion toward solicitation and closure.
- Makes solicitations when appropriate.
- Maintains stewardship contacts with donors.
- Adheres to the highest ethical standards.
- Demonstrates empathetic disposition, and perseverance.
- Works collaboratively with the Director of Development and Corporate Support.
- Offers prospect strategy counsel to the station general manager, development and underwriting staff who are managing other prospects.
- Serves as a resource for development/underwriting staff, from identifying potential volunteer connections to knowing about meeting and event spaces in key locations.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization.
- Three years of demonstrated success in development or fundraising.
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution in a related field.
- Three years of experience in cultivating and closing major gifts.
- Experience in public broadcasting.
How to Apply
For more information and to apply, visit http://jobs.fgcu.edu/postings/4174.
FGCU is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Employer