Development DirectorCompany: Naples Therapeutic Riding Center
Date Posted: March 31, 2017
Organization Name: Naples Therapeutic Riding Center
Organization Web Site: http://www.naplestherapeuticridingcenter.org
About Our Organization: The mission of Naples Therapeutic Riding Center is to improve the lives of children and adults with special needs through therapeutic riding and other equine-related programs.
Job Location: 206 Ridge Drive, Naples, FL 34108
Other Information: Schedule varies, but includes some evenings and weekends.
Job Purpose: Manage and implement all development-related activities as the organization continues to grow. As a fairly new position in the organization, the development director must provide the knowledge and leadership required to build a formal development office.
- Develop and execute NTRC’s annual fundraising plan.
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporation.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors.
- Create and execute a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors.
- Establish and build endowment fund.
- Oversee and participate in the planning and implementation of all special events to generate funds for the organization.
- Identify and develop corporate, community and individual prospects for the organization’s fundraising priorities and goals.
- Monitor and evaluate all fundraising activities to ensure fundraising goals are being achieved.
- Prepare and submit grant applications as outlined in annual fundraising plan.
- Oversee the administration of DonorPro, the donor mailing list and database.
- Develop and prepare reports as directed by the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- Coordinate with the Executive Director and the organization’s public relations consultant to develop a comprehensive communication plan to promote the organization to its donors and maximize public awareness of its fundraising activities.
- Coordinate the design, content, printing and distribution of marketing and communication materials for the development efforts.
- Participate in continuing education activities as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Participate in NTRC staff meetings.
- Assist in hurricane preparation on NTRC property as needed.
- Participate in other NTRC Committee meetings as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Meet with the Executive Director on a regular basis.
- Other duties that come up in the context of performing the above duties and that are assigned by the Executive Director and are in fulfillment of the stated Job Purpose (above).
Education and Experience
Education: Bachelor's Degree required; Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) designation an asset
- 3-5 years
- Experience in fundraising management
- Experience in special event planning and management
Please send resumes to Kim Minarich at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 239-596-2988.