Chief Development OfficerCompany: Boys & Girls Club of Collier County
Date Posted: May 3, 2018
PERFORMANCE PROFILE SOURCE: Executive Professional
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
The Chief Development Officer is responsible for the development, coordination and leadership of Fundraising Campaigns, management of donor information, special events, planned giving, capital fundraising, endowment campaigns, marketing & PR, and grant writing. Provides leadership and direct support to the annual campaign and other individual giving initiatives of Boys & Girls Club of Collier County (BGCCC). Oversees efforts to cultivate and steward existing and prospective donors and coordinate efforts with other members of the staff and Board to increase the overall fundraising success.
- Provide leadership, direction, and action to the department’s initiatives.
- Ensure the development and implementation of strategic plan components related to the department.
- Identify and evaluate opportunities to improve annual giving, planned giving, marketing, and public relations activities.
- Attain financial support and resources to ensure BGCCC initiatives.
- Contribute to attaining financial support by building BGCCC’s base of support through marketing and public relations campaigns.
- Oversee the design and promotion of special events that focus awareness on BGCCC initiatives and activities, engage community support, and generate revenues.
- Manage financial resources and expenditures against the resource development budgets.
- Institute administrative and operational systems.
- Ensure productive and effective staff performance.
- Continuously develop knowledge of best practices to market the Agency’s initiatives, programs, services and activities.
Marketing and Public Relations
- Oversees implementation of marketing and public relations activities to increase the visibility of BGCCC.
- Maintain good public relations with local media contacts, members, families, volunteers, alumni and community leaders.
- Develop alliances and collaborative partnerships.
- Motivating and involving top-level people in fund development and marketing efforts.
- Research and marketing techniques to identify and maximize contributions from various donor sources, (i.e. individual, corporate, foundations) in our particular area.
- Accessing and managing donor databases.
- Accounting principles as they relate to fundraising issues.
- Fundraising techniques, and sources of funding for non-profit agencies and organizations.
- Desktop publishing and computer applications related to work.
- Principles and practices of effective employee supervision, including selection, training, work evaluation and discipline.
- The mission, objectives, policies, programs, and procedures of Boys & Girls Clubs.
- Prepare and present for approval proposals to agencies, organizations, and foundations for financial support of BGCCC via current and other cultivation and solicitation materials.
- Oversee the logistics of events including obtaining sponsorships and solicitation of gifts and preparing related printed materials and publications.
- Provide support for various fundraising projects and campaigns.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, Board members, volunteers, alumni, community groups, and other related agencies.
- Make effective presentations to community groups and other related agencies.
- Plan, organize, direct, assign, review and evaluate the work of others.
- Prepare clear and concise reports, correspondence and other written materials.
- Exercise independent judgment and initiative within general policy guidelines.
- Manage multiple tasks and develop solutions to problems with limited supervision.
- Coordinate support for various fundraising projects and campaigns.
- Increase brand and program recognition, exposure and community visibility through marketing and public relations.
- Develop and participate in community and agency collaborative programs.
- Monitor budget and oversee the work with Finance department in scheduling and monitoring pledge payments.
- Select, motivate, and evaluate staff and provide for their training and development.
- Bachelor’s degree required, graduate level degree preferred.
- A minimum of 5-8 years of resource development and management experience, donor prospecting, marketing and public relations.
- Experience in budget planning and long-range strategic planning.
- Possess excellent customer service, quality measurement, planning and personal initiative skills, good interpersonal relationship skills, and diagnostic skills.
- Strong fundraising and negotiating skills, including successful experience working with individual, foundation, and corporate donors. Proven track record in leading successful fundraising campaigns.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
Internal: Maintain close contact with management to exchange information, seek and give assistance, consultation and direction. Maintain contact with financial staff and support staff. Interacts regularly with President/CEO, Board and Sr. Leadership Team.
External: Maintain contact with community and corporate leaders and local residents to seek financial support and provide information regarding BGCCC activities and needs.
A bachelor’s degree is required; graduate degree preferred
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience. A comprehensive benefits package is provided.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor is it to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
Qualified interested candidates will send cover letter, resume and MUST INCLUDE salary requirements to the Human Resources Dept. at firstname.lastname@example.org. Position will remain open until filled.