Development Database SpecialistCompany: Boys & Girls Club of Collier County
Date Posted: May 1, 2018
The Development Database Specialist will possess an understanding of non-profit development and have experience working in and managing the donor database, DonorPerfect, ensuring the integrity and accuracy of constituent information. This key role will succeed in providing skillful database management and analysis, with the ability to execute the essential responsibilities of gift processing, mailing list generation, detailed and diverse reports and monthly reconciliation communique. The Development Database Specialist will also ensure that the organization’s software is up to date and functioning appropriately for our needs. He or she will stay abreast of developments in the field, seeking professional development opportunities to improve department efficiencies and personal skill development and provide recommendations for new processes, upgrades or equipment, when necessary. The Development Database Specialist will also assist in developing a research effort to identify current and prospective donors who have capacity and the capability of making major gifts to support the Boys & Girls Club of Collier County and its mission.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES/ KEY ROLES:
• Manages gift processing for Donor Perfect, including processing donor data from source documents, updating and editing donor database files, and performing other information-handling functions.
• Produces donor acknowledgment letters, solicitation letters, and other sensitive correspondence.
• Data clean-up, maintenance, and constituent record updates
• Building complex queries as needed to prepare reports for appeals, donor recognition and all other development office functions including the monthly reconciliation of revenue.
• Develops the procedures, and processes pledges/gifts for all campaigns.
• Administration Duties - Email donor list management, copying, and tracking guest invitations/responses.
• Knowledge of: the mission, objectives, policies, programs and procedures and of the principles and practices of non-profit organizations.
• Support RD leadership with prospect research, analyzation of donors and solicitation strategies.
• Maintains AFP (Association of Fundraising Professionals) code of ethics and confidentiality of all donor records and information
• Study potential donors and gather information using iWave and other methods of research
• Leveraging constituent data for the advancement of the organization’s goals and exploring new opportunities for capturing information or more efficiently managing relationships
• Developing and performing daily, monthly, quarterly and annual audits to ensure accuracy and data integrity
• Training team members on all DonorPerfect software and ensuring best practices
• Updating department calendar, copying, reconciling donations with Finance Department
• Three years of commensurate experience
• Advanced skills and knowledge of DonorPerfect or other non-profit software is preferable.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel is required
• Knowledge of SQL and Crystal Reports preferable
Four-year degree in related field from an accredited college or university preferred.
Skills required in the following areas:
• Safety, Health and Environmental Skills: Supporting a Safe Environment, Fostering Organizational Wellness
• Communication Skills: Writing, Listening, Presenting, informing
• Planning Skills: Action Planning and Organizing, Monitoring, Time Management
• Decision-Making Skills: Analyzing, Judgment,
• Personal Initiative Skills: Contributing to a Positive Work Environment, Personal Development
• Relationship Skills: Teamwork, Networking, Meeting Skills, Relationship Building,
• Quality Skills: Implementing Quality Improvements
Maintain close, daily contact with the Resource Development Director to coordinate activities and provide assistance for the purpose of fundraising. Works independently as well as part of the development team. Possess the ability to work in a busy environment in a shared office space.
Maintain oral and written contact with donors and other for the purpose of fundraising. Exceptionally well-organized and a strong ability to prioritize. Professional appearance required.
Environmental and Working Conditions:
The majority of the work time is conducted in an office setting. Minimum travel is required. Minimal lifting may be required not to exceed 25 lbs.
Health and Safety:
• Contribute to Ensuring a Healthy and Safe Environment
• Contribute to Ensuring that Facilities, Equipment and Supplies are maintained.
• Maintain a high energy level.
• Be comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities.
• Sit for four-plus hours per day. Standing and bending are necessary to this role.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor is it to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
Qualified interested candidates will send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to HR at email@example.com Position will remain open until filled.